Posted By Danielle Walker On May 11, 2012 @ 8:09 am
AUTHOR: Danielle Walker – AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Thai dried chilies, finely ground*
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 2 inch piece of Galangal, skin on and thinly sliced (fresh Ginger will work too)*
- 1 stalk lemon grass, sliced diagonally into 3-4 pieces and slightly bruised/flattened with a mallet or butt of a knife*
- 8 kaffir lime leaves*
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cups chicken breast, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut sugar (honey will work too, but coconut sugar will taste the most authentic or omit for Whole 30)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Fresh cilantro and scallions for serving
*All of the starred items can be purchased dried in a jar by the brand Thai Kitchen
- Melt the coconut oil in a soup or stock pot, then add the ground chilies and stir for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to boil.
- Add the chicken stock, galangal, lemon grass, kaffir leaves, fish sauce, and chicken and simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms, lime juice, coconut sugar, tomatoes and simmer for another 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and scallions.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.
Recipe Source: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/05/11/tom-kha-gai-thai-coconut-soup/