- 5-6 medium-sized potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet or line with parchment.
- Wash and chop potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat and add coconut oil.
- Once coconut oil has liquefied, add potatoes and cook over medium heat, stirring every 2 minutes to stop them from sticking to the pan.
- After 20 minutes, remove potatoes from pan and spread evenly on prepared baking sheet. Bake in 400 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
We use a cast-iron pan for this recipe.
When using coconut oil and starches in a pan, things tend to stick so stay on top of it by stirring regularly and add more oil if necessary.
Recipe Source: http://www.sheletthemeatcake.com/2014/01/the-best-home-fries/