Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours + cooling time
Makes 16 Servings
I used a basic cheesecake recipe with a few modifications: I added ingredients to make a thin layer of dark chocolate that provided a nice added dimension to the raspberry cheesecake filling. This is a bit more complicated than my usual simple recipes, but it was worth watching my wife really enjoy the rich taste after she blew out the candles.
- 1 1/2 cups ground pecans or walnuts
- 4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons xylitol or 1 drop liquid stevia to desired sweetness
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1/2 cup xylitol or 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia or to desired sweetness
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen sugar-free raspberries, pureed and strained
- 1/4 cup raspberries for garnish
- 1/4 cup bittersweet (85% cacao) chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon milk or half-and-half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the crust: In a large bowl, stir together the nuts, butter or oil, xylitol or stevia, and cocoa. Press onto the bottom of a 9” spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until browned around the edges. Set aside.
- To make the filling: In a large bowl and using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cheese, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and xylitol or stevia until smooth. Stir in the pureed raspberries.
- Pour in the crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a rack. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove from the spring form pan and place on a serving dish. Glaze.
- To make the glaze: In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and butter on high power for 15 seconds. Stir until smooth, microwaving again if necessary until melted and smooth. Stir in the milk or half-and-half. Drizzle over the cooled cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until the glaze is set. Garnish with raspberries, if desired.
Recipe Source: Wheat Belly Cookbook by William Davis