By The Fig Tree (http://thefigtreeblog.com)
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, rinsed in cold water and well drained
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of fresh chopped mango
- 1/2 cup of chopped unpeeled, seedless cucumber
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of unsalted cashews
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle of unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan filled with salted water and the rinsed quinoa to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook quinoa for 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow quinoa to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mango chutney, curry powder, salt, mustard and pepper until well blended.
- Mix the cooled, cooked quinoa with the chopped mango, cucumber and fresh scallions. Toss in the cashews. Pour dressing onto salad and mix well.
Recipe Source: http://thefigtreeblog.com