Yield: 14-15 cupcakes
Don’t tell anyone, but this cupcake recipe will happily double as a muffin recipe. Just skip the icing!
- 1 cup teff flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour (or brown rice flour)
- ½ cup arrowroot flour (or tapioca flour)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground chia or 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, liquefied
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1/3 cup unsulphured molasses
- 6 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners, or grease lightly with coconut oil.
- In a medium sized bowl sift flours, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, ground chia OR xanthan gum and sea salt.
- In a large bowl beat oil, syrup, molasses, and applesauce until combined. Stir in sifted flour mixture until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners (full) and bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
We frosted ours with homemade cane sugar frosting.
Article Source: http://www.sheletthemeatcake.com/2011/12/gingerbread-cupcakes-a-giveaway/