(Vegan, mostly raw, soy free and GF)
Yield: 1 1/4 cups
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- Juice of 2 limes
- Few shakes liquid smoke (it’s strong, so stop and taste after a few drops)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup organic carrot pulp
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil-packed
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp dulse flakes (You can find dulse, a seaweed, at your health food store. In order to make dulse flakes, dry it in a warm oven and grind into a powder.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of liquid smoke
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Adjust condiments (lemon, olive oil, and salt) to taste.
Recipe Source: Jen’s Recipes. Unknown Source.
- 3 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup carob powder or organic cocoa
- 1/2 cup raw organic ground nuts (almonds, cashews or walnuts)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded organic coconut
- 1 tbsp raw organic honey (optional or add more to taste)
- Parchment paper
- Melt the honey and coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once combined, add the carob, ground nuts and coconut and mix together.
- Pour mixture onto a small baking sheet or square pan covered in parchment paper. Form into a square when cool enough to touch.
- Refrigerate until hardened. Cut into bars.
Recipe Source: Jen’s recipe book.